1) Tones figured we’d have about 6 listeners for the first few months with the hope that someday we’d peak at 20. We’ve already surpassed any expectations as far as content downloads go (250 in 2 months?! what!?) and we’ve been hovering around iTunes first 50 podcasts listed under the general search of “philosophy.” While this is still pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, it’s still much MUCH more than we’ve ever imagined.
2) Based on Tones’s underestimation of the interest in this podcast, he thought he could fly under the radar with his bumper music choices, giving some love to his favorite bands: Rush, Descendents, Big Business, Talking Heads, Nightosaur, etc. But now it’s time to protect ourselves and to respect these artists’ property. (Milo, if you give me the permission, we will make the Descendents our official house band. Milo? Geddy?)
3) Nightosaur has been kind enough to give us permission to use their music for our podcast. Thanks! Check them out HERE. We’ll also throw in a few bars from Tones’s old band, HUMP! and maybe record some other stuff. Tones just spent the last hour or so retrofitting Episodes 1-4, so we are now 100% legal, protected, and permitted.
4) Bumper music doesn’t really matter for a philosophy podcast, we know. But Tones is from the old age of mix tapes and choosing intros and outros is a nice opportunity to give a nod to our fav’s.
5) We respect and support the protection of property rights, copyrights, intellectual property, etc. We feel much better now that our bumper music reflects Mike and Tony’s stances on these issues.
Again, we can’t thank you enough for your interest in our podcast. We are having a blast producing them and it’s even better knowing someone out there is listening!